Funding: Currently, writers admitted to the MFA Program receive teaching assistantships: an annual stipend of about $10,500 and a waiver of instructional fees for the course of study.
Faculty: Abigail Cloud, Lawrence Coates, Wendell Mayo, Sharona Muir, Larissa Szporluk, Theresa Williams
Application (Deadline Jan. 15):
- Manuscript: 20-30 double-spaced pages for fiction; 10-15 single- or double-spaced pages for poetry
- Three letters of recommendation
- Letter of intent: 1-2 page double-spaced description of your motivations for pursuing the MFA, what you hope to achieve in your area of interest, and your aspirations following receipt of the MFA.
- Academic or professional writing sample: 8-15 pages double-spaced
- Teaching assistantship application
- Official transcripts with undergraduate GPA minimum of 3.00
- General GRE scores
- $45/75 application fee
Admission rate: “Each year 10 students are admitted, five poetry and five fiction.”
-Max Kupresanin, Graduate Secretary [May 7, 2013]